Baby Progress

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 6, 2014

30 weeks!? - Cole

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along : 30 weeks.  That's 75% complete.  That's just a little over 2 months till due date.  WHAT THE WHAT!?  How did this happen??

Size of Baby :  ~16" long & ~3 lb.  My "What To Expect" app tells me that he'll be gaining approx 1/2 lb every week almost till D-day. (funny, today is actually the historical D-Day)  Though today I believe that growth is happening.  My belly feels bruised, like it's growing and stretching beyond capacity today.

Total Weight Gain : ~ 16.5 lbs.  I've struggled this week with being far too indulgent.  This applies to almost every area of my life, but definitely affects what I've eaten & drank, which in turn affects how I feel.  I'm having to eat a little less b/c there's so little room in my stomach, which is probably my saving grace and why I haven't gained as much as I should, considering all the junk I've had this week.

Maternity Clothes :  100%.  I decided that one of the pairs of shorts I bought at the JBF sale and one of the pairs I bought for my first pregnancy will work; they're just a little uncomfortable, but I can make it thru most of the day in them. And I bought another pair off of FB, and when I got home I discovered they were XL, not the L they were advertised to be.  Can you say "alterations"; a couple darts make them viable for the summer.  So now I'm up to a healthy half dozen short bottoms to get me through the summer, and about half a dozen long&lean tanks too, in addition to the other short sleeved options at my disposal.  Of course, I'm starting to have to put away some of my shirts that just aren't long enough to cover my whole belly anymore.  It's getting out there!

Best Moment This Week : It cracked me up this weekend when one of my gym buddies walked into the potluck party for Josh's boss, and we finally realized that our husbands were work friends and we figured out why each had looked so familiar when we "first met" at the gym.  Her husband and Josh regularly take lunch trips to CFA to get out of the office, and we regularly take overlapping classes at the gym and chit-chat in the locker room.  Small world! :)

I'm also enjoying time with just Ash. Jack will be back with us Wednesday, and then by the next time I'm "off" there will be a new baby coming, so I'm seeing this as my last big chunk of easy one-on-one time with my boy for a while. So the pool & a breakfast date & lots of books about trucks have been a big part of our days alone together. :) 

Gender : It's a boy! With Jack out of town for a week, I'm spending some time with my sewing machine projects.  I'm working on some clothing alterations that have been in my stack, but my big focus is starting/finishing the roman shade to hang in the nursery.  I had picked out fabric options I liked (do you remember the picture I posted a month or so ago?), then they stopped carrying some.  Also, once I bought the striped pattern I loved (bottom right), I realized it was too narrow for the roman shade, so today I bought the blue stripe to widen a couple inches on each side (horizontally, like pictured).  I've also decided to take on an extremely ambitious project; I bought the elephant print (I wish you could feel how soft it is!) and the yarn to make a double sided blanket - knitted on one side, flannel on the other, with a white satin border.  My plan is to make it about the size of the mattress so he can use it long term if he wants.  And I bought some boards (not pictured) to make a wall-hanging (gonna have Ash help me paint it) and a growth chart (with the animals & letters pictured).  [unrelated to pregnancy, but I also bought stuff to make a growth chart for Ash too with paint to match his room and a car & dump truck instead of animals]
I also bought a changing table this week and rearranged the furniture in the guest room/nursery to free up some floor space. I moved the bed to the corner where my glider will eventually live, and now the changing table & crib (bones - it needs reassembled still) are on the wall where they'll live. It's a small change but makes a big impact on how the room looks & feels.  Of course, that particular day I did some other things too, and I could hardly move that night!  Heating pad was my pal that evening and Thermacare heat wrap that night while I slept.

Movement : As his bones continue to harden, his movements get stronger.  One night Josh had his arm lying next to me (on the left side of my belly) and Cole was doing his usual 10pm dance party.  Josh exclaimed, "How can you sleep with that going on?!" and I answered him, "you're only feeling half of it; he's pinging on both sides of my belly.  This is why I often have trouble falling asleep at night (or anytime for that matter)."  Josh said, "sorry, I've gotta move my arm; I won't be able to fall asleep."  I had to laugh that we went from Josh never getting to feel him a couple weeks ago, to Josh moving away from the insanity.  LOL!


Food Craving :  Chocolate, how I miss you.  Reflux, how I hate you. :)  Still craving sweet tea too; I don't care too much about soda and coffee messes with my reflux too much, but sweet tea is just delicious!  I've found an excuse to run through McDonald's at least 3 times this week just to buy a $1 large sweet tea, plus what I've drunk otherwise.  Yeah, addicted might be the right word.  At least it's cheaper than Starbucks! :)

What I Miss Most : Being able to move.  Being able to breathe deeply.  Being able to eat a whole meal.  Being able to eat chocolate or tomato based foods without throat fire for a whole day.  Being able to lie flat on my back or on my stomach.

Sleep : Same old.  Waking up at least once or twice to pee, plus usually another time to roll over and relieve a pain somewhere.  My hips have started to loosen up and are giving me more trouble.

What I Am Looking Forward To : Saturday is Maleficent, which is getting mediocre reviews, but I know I'll enjoy. Monday I'm meeting Jordan to "model" for a photo shoot; fun and exciting.  I'm looking forward to hanging out with her, if a little nervous about being a model. Then Tuesday morning is my next OB appt.  We're down to appts every 3 wks now, and every 2 wks will start in July.  That's always a signal that things are getting closer.  EEK!  Also, we had to reschedule my doula appointment, so I'm still looking forward to that; it'll be Tuesday after nap.  Also, my previous doula Kari is going to be in town on Thursday, so I'm excited to see and hug her.

Belly Button : same.  Week by week it gradually gets less and less shallow.  I'm slightly shocked at how FAR the scar that used to lie just above my belly button has traveled; it's now about 2+" above.  So bizarre.

Symptoms : The usual : reflux, aches, exhaustion.  I've worn my wrist brace off and on for the carpal tunnel; it's not being too bad to me.  My back is hurting more lately, and I'm having to start acting pregnant more often to save myself from nights like the one I had this week.  My hips are getting loose and hurting more often.  I really can't eat as much at a time as I used to, and I accidentally waited too long between meals/snacks this week and got lightheaded and nauseous like I used to do first trimester.  I think third trimester is really gonna get me this time.

Compared to last time : Pretty much the same.  My back was hurting more @ 30 wks last time too.
30 wks

No comments:

Post a Comment