Baby Progress

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 22, 2014

Cole - 1 month

Minutes old
Hi! My name is Cole and I'm the newest addition to the family. Sorry this blog post is getting out a little late. As you can imagine, mommy's got her hands full with a newborn and a toddler, so she's been working on this one for a while, but finally got it done.
Proud daddy

Going home with mommy
Size: I was born on Aug 22 at 2:30pm. I weighed 7 lbs 9 oz and I was 20" long. I had lost 10% of my body weight by my first appointment at 3 days old, but by 12 days I was back up to my birth weight. And at my appointment at 4 wks old I already weighed 9lbs (12th%) and measured 22.25" (50th%). I am getting too long for some of my shorter NB sleepers. I also graduated early into size 1 diapers b/c I'm a great nurser and can saturate those little NB diapers in less than 2 hours!

2 days old
Hanging out with mommy at the hospital
Physical development: I'm already getting strong enough to hold my head up for brief periods of time and don't fling it around quite so violently. I'm also just starting to show little smiles of contentment, even though daddy says they don't count. Just give me a week or two and I'll be doing full smiles! But mostly I spend my time nursing and sleeping to grow bigger and stronger and smarter than I already am.
5 days old
Routines: I haven't really settled into a routine yet. I've got some digestive issues that often interrupt my night sleep. I do tend to get grumpy every evening, and even though I act like I want to nurse, I pull away and fuss a lot. I haven't gotten much practice at sleeping naps laying down yet; I spend most of my naps being held or in the carrier or in the swing. But I'm still so tiny that I don't spend much awake time anyway. I'll start to pick up rhythms in the next month or so.
1 week old
Special events: For the first week of my life, daddy was home with us. Then Nanoo & PopPop came to visit. Nanoo had to fly back after a week because of work, and PopPop was going to stay another week but ended up extending his visit to cover an entire month instead because mommy needed a little more help getting settled.
Nanoo kisses at 2 weeks old



My favorites: Mostly so far I just like nursing a lot and sleeping on people. I enjoy watching PopPop talk to me and sometimes get a kick out of watching my brother play around me. He makes a lot of noise and is very active!
Starting to spend more time awake at 3 weeks
Sleeping on daddy at 1 week old
Daddy's favorites: Ash never slept on anyone's chest when he was a baby unless he had a fever. Daddy's been enjoying being able to bond and snuggle with me since he didn't get that last time. 
Sleeping on daddy at 3 weeks old
Mommy's favorites: Mommy loves all the snuggles and is glad I took to nursing right away. And she loves the nights I give her a 4 hr stretch of sleep.
3 weeks old

Upcoming: At 6 weeks old, I'll be old enough to be in childcare at church and the gym, so that will be exciting. To prepare me, mommy plans to have daddy start giving me bottles every few nights if she can find the time to pump enough, just in case I need to eat while I'm in childcare. I'll also probably start sleeping at least some of my sleep in my crib in the next month. And hopefully while I'm at it, I'll start to grow out of the awkward phase I'm in right now with my hair receding and my face breaking out constantly. You just wait; I'm gonna be IRRESISTIBLE by next time you see me here :)
One month old

No comments:

Post a Comment