Baby Progress

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Contentment

Merry Christmas!!

My parents are here, and it's so nice.  Though, like Josh said, when you don't come down and start opening presents, it doesn't "feel" like C-mas.  Monday will be our "C-mas" with Elijah here to open his, but the adults opted not to do C-mas this year.  Mom & Dad paid for plane tickets to get out here and that's a C-mas treat for me!  And we just bought a house, and Lindsey & Steven have only been in theirs less than a year (plus plane tickets to visit his family aren't cheap), so it's a kids C-mas.

So today I strapped on my new Vibram shoes and headed out for my first "barefoot" run with my dad.  I walked at least half of it and jogged very slowly to stick with daddy (and he even jogged some!), but it was a good first go.  The soles of my feet are sore in a different way than regular shoe runs b/c they had to work a little more, responding to what was under them.  And one of the shoes has a little spot that caused a minor blister, so that'll need to be addressed.  But otherwise, I like them.  My feet were surprisingly not too cold once I got running and the blood got pumping, even though the temps were in the 30's.

Anyway, I'll snap some pictures of the C-mas decorations, my new shoes, and our C-mas celebrations on Monday, then I'll post again with a few shots of everything.  I hope that your C-mas has been filled with peace and love.  Happy New Year! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment