Baby Progress

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

39 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along : 39 weeks.  I know I say it every week, but I just can't believe we're here... I remember when I was counting from 16-20 and it seemed like we'd never even get to 20 wks, let alone 40 wks, and here we are just one week from 40.  Crazy.

Size of Baby : averages say ~19-22" and 6-7.5 lbs.   

Total Weight Gain : ~30 lbs... I seem to be holding pretty steady give or take a couple pounds (depending on the day or time of day) here at the end, which is good since I seem to have landed square in the middle of the 25-35 lb recommended weight gain.  I'm content with the #'s AND how I look and feel... haha, for a preggo at least.

Maternity Clothes :  Some of my maternity tops are getting too short to cover my whole belly.  This thing is getting out of control!! :)  I know it won't be immediately after giving birth, but I can't wait to rediscover my old wardrobe again. 

Best Moment This Week : I have really enjoyed the leisure of four day weekends with my hubs.  We were able to get all our "chores" done and still have plenty of time for relaxing on the couch. 

Gender : boy

Movement :  he's a strong kid, and even though everything I've read says he's supposed to slow down here towards the end, he doesn't seem interested in that.  I mean, sure, he naps throughout the day.  But when he moves, he MOVES.  I can't wait for him to come out and have room to move even more.  Do we have an early walker on our hands?  Will we be baby proofing sooner than expected?  Only time will tell....

Food Craving : Chocolate of course.  I have a couple chocolate goodies packed in my hospital bag to snack on after he's born and have added Double Stuff Oreos to the grocery list for after Ash.  :)

What I Miss Most :  my old body and all the things that went with it.

Sleep : Josh has been on prednisone again/still, so we've had some rough sleep lately.  As far as pregnancy sleep goes, I've ditched the body pillow since my belly is big enough now not to need to be propped up at all and have started sleeping with a small throw pillow between my knees.  I kinda like the freedom and extra room.  I'm still waking every 2-3 hrs to pee or roll over to relieve pain in my hips.  But overall, when I can sleep, I'm sleeping pretty well.

What I Am Looking Forward To : tonight we pick up Jennifer at the airport.  She'll be staying the rest of the week, which will be fun.  I plan to do a lot of active stuff with her (walking at GoG, Manitou, etc), so hopefully we can jump-start this labor thing... b/c we all know what I'm looking forward to most is meeting my son, and waiting isn't getting any easier.

Belly Button : outtie.

Symptoms : reflux, general aches, fatigue, pelvic/hip pains...same old.

1 comment: