Baby Progress

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A letter to my husband

Dearest sweet husband,

There is so much in the last three weeks, in the last nine months, in the last (almost) 10 yrs to thank you for - where do I begin? You have been so faithful and loving through the good years and the bad ones. You've put aside your dreams and desires for me to follow my heart in childcare and granted me the gift of mothering your child. You've been supportive and sweet through my pregnancy, doing what you could to help out when I needed it and to be understanding. You stood by my side while I labored, exhausted and worn out with me, but supporting me in all the ways you could. And over the past three weeks you have taken care of us like only a loving husband and father could. You have kept up the housework and finances, set up appts and maintenance for the house, driven us to Dr visits, fetched food and water and anything I needed, run errands for and with us, accommodated my every need, worked to be supportive and understanding through post-partum hormones and exhaustion and breastfeeding struggles. And at the end of all that service, you return to work on a shortage of sleep, supporting us so that I can be home with our son. Your companionship is sorely missed in the quiet house, but you are still deeply appreciated. I hope you know how much you mean to us; we would not BE without you.

Much love,
your grateful wife and newborn son

1 comment: