Baby Progress

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 25, 2014

24 weeks - Baby #2

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along :  24 weeks

Size of Baby :  ~1 FOOT long & ~ 1.5 lb

Total Weight Gain : ~ 11 lbs

Maternity Clothes :  100%.  I've enjoyed pulling out my shorts and (new to me) skirt this week.  The weather has been so warm and sunny that I've been able to wear them.  And since they're lighter, they don't spend all day falling down and I don't spend all day pulling them up.

Best Moment This Week : It was so much fun putting together Ash's new Disney Cars room (he loves it) and celebrating Easter with church Saturday night and a relaxing Sunday morning.  I read him the Easter story in his Bible storybook and let him hunt a dozen eggs in the living room.

Gender : It's a boy!  I finally committed to the map/travel theme for the nursery and went to OfficeMax one morning with the boys and bought the maps.  Then Tuesday night while Josh was playing video games w/his friends, I went to JoAnns w/one of my maps (for color reference) and browsed.  I was SHOCKED to find a striped fabric that was just the colors I was looking for, then found a couple more fabrics that go well with that one.  So I think I have my fabric color scheme... just need to figure out what I'm making and how much I'll need of each.  And the room is UTTER CHAOS, so I need to spend some nap times and weekends working on getting things settled.


Movement : He's still about the same amount of active.  I have to say that I honestly get too busy to notice sometimes.  Running around with two toddlers in tow means I have less focus for the little one inside.  But no matter whether I've taken time to notice him or not, I like the quiet sitting I do on the couch at night or in church during the sermon b/c without lots of distractions and busyness, I get to really feel him moving.  Fun fact, he's actually kicking me (in the upper right, just like Ash did) as I type this.

Food Craving :  I'm finally done with The Fast, so this week is the week of indulging every sweet craving I've had the last two months.  Most of it has been chocolate based.  Reeses pieces, Java Chip Frappuccinos, chocolate croissant, ice cream... and that's just so far!  I still have Oreo's and a long John to devour at some point.  It's been a fun week, but come Sunday I'm heading back into The Fast except for 24 hrs/wk.  I feel like having the boundaries has really helped me to be a lot healthier.  I can tell this week I'm feeling icky, craving salad and fruit and fresh food b/c I've done so much junk food.

Never mind The Fast or The Indulgence, I have been craving salads.  Prepackaged ones with all the goodies included - nuts, cheese, fruit, veggies, chicken, whatever.  I've been eating one of those every couple days.  I've also just made up a kale salad (with apple, feta, cashews, lemon vinaigrette) to munch on for a couple days.  Also, strawberries.  I can't get enough strawberries!  And coffee.  Hot, cold, iced, blended - it all depends on the day and the weather.  But I've definitely been drinking it semi-regularly.

What I Miss Most : Being able to keep up.  We went shopping this weekend and I just couldn't move as fast as Josh.  And when I try, the B.Hicks kick in and slow me down anyway.  My life has been SO SLOW lately.  Everything takes twice as long as it should between my pregnancy and the two toddlers!!!

Sleep : It's bad.  I mean, some nights I sleep more than 2 hr stretches.  But I've also been going to bed too late.  Josh has worked a lot of overtime the past few weeks.  Some nights we don't even START our sit & watch TV routine till 9pm.  That means I'm up past 10pm on a work night, which is just too late.  As evidenced by the amount of coffee I've been drinking. :)

What I Am Looking Forward To : I can't wait to start putting things together in the nursery.  (not looking forward to the cleanup/prep that needs to happen first).  I also can't wait for family visits at the end of summer.  I've been so homesick lately.

Belly Button : same.  It really is threatening to pop this time.

Symptoms : Exhaustion, reflux, B.Hicks, back aches, forgetfulness and clumsiness... the usual.

Compared to last time : Same as last week.  More B.Hicks, less reflux & aches & no carpal tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment