Baby Progress

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 1, 2014

38 weeks - Cole

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along : 38 weeks

Size of Baby :  ~19.5" long & ~7 lb

Total Weight Gain : ~24 lbs. My appetite seems to be slowing down a little. 

Maternity Clothes :  I actually bought a new maternity shirt this week b/c my short sleeved options for keeping my belly covered are so scant. (See pic below)

Best Moment This Week : When the pain of my cortisone injection started to fade and mobility started to return. And Eve's baby shower; what a blessing that was. And brunch with my sister today was pretty awesome. We don't get together often enough.

Gender : It's a boy! I can't wait to hold him.

Movement : He's making the most of his cramped quarters. Every once in a while he moves so strong it hurts, but usually he just squirms b/c it's getting tight.

Food Craving :  The cooler rainy weather we got this week made me crave a mocha. Not willing to pay the reflux remorse though! :) I've been wanting pizza and finally got some this week. It hit the spot!

What I Miss Most : Feeling like I can physically manage. Between my belly, my back aches, and my carpal tunnel, I'm having to ask total strangers for help with things. :-P  Sometimes reasonable things like lifting heavy objects; sometimes ridiculous things like opening containers for me.

Sleep : Some nights I'm staring at the ceiling in the wee hours. Some nights I'm only waking twice. I've kept the maternity pillow all the way to the end this time. But I miss my hubs and look forward to a time when snuggling is more comfortable and less hassle. 

What I Am Looking Forward To : I'm sad that Jack's last day is Monday, but a little glad I'll have one less person to be responsible for since I can hardly keep up with them these days. I'm super excited that Josh's leave starts a week from Monday (unless Cole decides to come more than a week early). If Cole holds off till around his due date, I've got a honey-do or honey-help list a mile long to keep Josh busy anyway. It'll be so nice to have an extra pair of hands around to keep up the house. 

Also, movie date tonight :) Maybe the last for a while. 

Belly Button : same; outtie. 

Symptoms : carpal tunnel is the bane of my existence. Mornings are almost ok, but by the end of the day my hands make me wanna cry. Hoping the second cortisone shot this morning helps. Icing them a couple times a day gives at least temporary relief, so I'll probably be doing that till Cole comes.

Otherwise, it's mostly reflux, back aches, hip pains, and the notable waddle. 

Compared to last time : except carpal tunnel, it's the same. I feel like I might be carrying a little lower than last time? Maybe. A little. 


No makeup, braces on my hands... real life this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment