Baby Progress

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 14, 2014

14 weeks - Baby #2

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along : 14 weeks

Size of Baby :  ~3.5" 1.5oz

Total Weight Gain : ~3 lbs

Maternity Clothes :   I've been wearing maternity pants exclusively for a couple weeks now. A few of my tops are still fitting for a few more weeks, but the majority are maternity.

Best Moment This Week :  Touch A Truck was fun for Ash, and the first time someone assumed I was pregnant.  (The shirt I was wearing probably helped)  We also had a blast celebrating Elijah's 5th birthday with free breakfast at Chick-fil-A with Lindsey & gang.  I've also really been enjoying the gym this week; I think the increase in energy is helping, and I can feel myself getting stronger with consistency.  YAY!

Gender : hopefully we'll find out in March - only 4.5 weeks away!  (somehow we got in earlier than 20 wks; I'm not complaining)

Movement : not yet

Food Craving : I haven't really had any lasting cravings. From moment to moment, day to day, certain things sound good or not, but there's no one thing I've craved above others.  This is still mostly true, but I have had a random craving for "Italian" - spaghetti, lasagna, ravioli, even pizza.  Apparently cheese and tomato sauce are awesome :)  Also, there are still times when something sounds distinctly disgusting, even if it sounded good yesterday.

What I Miss Most : not feeling like I look fat.  I'm starting to push my belly out when I'm in public so I look a little more pregnant and a little less poochy.

Sleep : I wake usually once a night, sometimes have to pee.  I'm generally sleeping with a pillow between my knees.  I had one morning where I woke up with serious hip pain this week.  Also, since I got pregnant (right away!) I started having very vivid dreams.  They are often random and switch gears quickly multiple times a night, but there's a stark difference in pregnancy dreams from non-pregnant ones.

What I Am Looking Forward To : today is Valentine's, and I'm looking forward to an evening with my sweetie.  And next week I have a twice-postponed (due to illness) mommy-date with Melissa.  YAY

Belly Button : normal

Symptoms : The nausea depends on the day.  I just finished off the last of my latest box of B6, so I'm going to see if I can survive without them now or if I have to run to the pharmacy for another box.  The reflux has picked up enough that I'm just taking Zantac twice a day as a habit.  It's even worse on days when I have coffee or chocolate or that tomato-sauce I've been craving.  I am starting to feel the 2nd trimester hunger occasionally.  And I've also been struggling a lot lately with circulation issues - feeling lightheaded, especially upon standing, and even sometimes winded.  I've had some issues with allergies this week too, specifically my right eye itching and getting irritated; random!

Compared to last time : I still have gained less weight so far (less than half), but look much bigger still.  At this point last time I was still having to take the B6 3x's a day, so we'll see how being off goes this week.  And apparently I have no photos between 13-16 wks from last time, so you'll just have to settle for a picture of me now, compared to a picture of me pushing my belly out like I do in public :-D  Thought you could use a little laugh.  Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment