Baby Progress

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 3, 2014

16 weeks - Baby #2

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along : 16 weeks

Size of Baby :  ~4.5" 3.5oz

Total Weight Gain : ~6.5 lbs

Maternity Clothes :   I've been wearing maternity pants exclusively for a couple weeks now. A few of my tops are still fitting for a few more weeks, but the majority are maternity.  The black shirt I'm wearing in the photo for this week is one of the few non-maternity I still have in my closet.  I also had to borrow a hoodie from my sister b/c mine wouldn't zip comfortably anymore.  I only wear it to the gym, but don't have any looser.  Thanks, Lindsey!

Best Moment This Week :  It was definitely NOT getting Josh's cold!  I guess I'd have to say I'm thrilled to be employed again.  I've taken on a little boy just a month younger than Ash who is at least as verbal as he is.  Two little talkers in my life now.  It's only my first day, but already I love him.  He's so laid back and fun.

Gender : hopefully we'll find out at our ultrasound in 2.5 weeks!

Movement : at night as I lay quietly (and attentively) in bed, I can feel the first flutters and pops they call quickening.  During the day I haven't really noticed; it's definitely something I have to concentrate on to feel.  I can't wait till the movements get big and fun.  I can't wait to share the movements with Ash once they get that big.

Food Craving : Having yet another cold on top of the pregnancy symptoms, I've been craving comfort foods... which primarily seem to be cheese related.  Pizza, mac-n-cheese, quesadillas, etc.

What I Miss Most : not feeling like I look fat.  And being healthy.  My 4th illness in 3 months is getting on my nerves.  I'm never this sick this often.

Sleep : I wake at least once a night, often with sore hips, and sometimes have to pee.  I'm generally sleeping with a pillow between my knees.  Still vivid dreams; I think these will last throughout.

What I Am Looking Forward To : I'm holding my breath in anticipation of our ultrasound in a couple weeks.

Belly Button : normal

Symptoms : I'm still struggling with nausea.  I did end up going back for a new box of B6 lozenges.  Hopefully this is my last box.  As long as I don't drink coffee or eat too much chocolate or tomato based, it seems that two zantac a day are plenty.  Though the mornings I forget it and head to the gym, I definitely regret it.

Compared to last time : Looking at the pictures, I'm generally bigger than I was before, but I've still gained less weight than I had at this point last time.  I'm trying hard to keep my gain lower this time, since I started this pregnancy heavier.  Of course, that's been a little hard since I've been sick and craving so much junk, but I'm working hard to rectify this, and giving up treats again for Lent.  I have been sick more often this pregnancy, on my fourth illness in three months, possibly in correlation with the junk I've been eating?  I also seem to be fighting nausea just a little longer than last time; I had been off the B6 for a couple weeks by now with Ash.  I can't recall if I struggled this early with stomach size, but I'm already having to eat smaller portions at mealtime.  My stomach is losing its real estate! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment