Baby Progress

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 14, 2014

18 weeks - Baby #2

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along : 18 weeks

Size of Baby :  ~5.5"  7oz

Total Weight Gain : ~ 7 lbs

Maternity Clothes :  I feel like I've gone through another growth spurt and only a few of my non-maternity tops are fitting over my big belly. I'm in that frustrating no-man's land where the under-belly pants dig in too much, but I don't have quite enough belly to hold up the over-belly pants. When I threatened to start wearing exclusively sweat pants, Josh looked horrified ;-) But it's fun to truly look pregnant now.  

Best Moment This Week :  Thursday Ash was looking forward to Jack coming to our house. He called him a friend, and said he wanted to play with him. When he finally came, Ash ran to give him a hug. This is a huge step for my little introvert, and made my momma heart smile to know he's building his first friendship. 

Gender : hopefully we'll find out at our ultrasound NEXT WEEK!

Movement : Still mostly the quickening at night, with just a couple noticeable movements during the day too. I can't wait to SEE the movements next week. 

Food Craving : Crunchy!! Apples, baby carrots, nuts, kettle chips...it's more about the texture than the flavor, though mostly salty. Even sprinkled salt on my apple slices. 

What I Miss Most : knowing what clothes will fit me at this stage without trying on three different shirts before finding one that flatters. 

Sleep : I wake at least once a night, often with sore hips/shouldersu, and occasionally have to pee.  I'm trying to drink most of my water during the day so I can make it thru the night w/o getting up. I have been sleeping in a modified runners pose, tilted toward my stomach with the little pillow at my chest to keep my from rolling too far onto my belly. I think it might be time for the body pillow. 

What I Am Looking Forward To : I'm SO excited about our ultrasound this week. I can't wait to see Sweet Pea again and probably find out what color paint & fabric to start looking for. 

Belly Button : same

Symptoms : I've hardly taken any B6, so I'm thinking the nausea is finally fading into the past. Though I usually feel a little sick after eating anything more than a small snack. It's counter productive b/c I often feel so hungry I want to eat a horse, but I get a few bites in and start to fill up! Then of course the usual - reflux, exhaustion, more easily winded, etc. I'm beginning to experience some mild back pain occasionally. And fairly regular occurrences of ligament aches. 

Compared to last time : seems pretty much just like where I was at 18 wks with Ash. I can't really complain since I had a great pregnancy with him except the reflux, which I've learned to manage.



No comments:

Post a Comment