Baby Progress

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 7, 2014

17 weeks - Baby #2

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along : 17 weeks

Size of Baby :  ~5" 5oz

Total Weight Gain : ~6.5 lbs

Maternity Clothes :  Mostly maternity.  I've finally hit the point where a few strangers aren't afraid to ask how far along I am, the universal sign I've transitioned from ambiguous weight gain to preggo belly. :)  It really does seem to have popped this week.

Best Moment This Week :  Surviving my incredibly busy Tuesday and my first week of work this week was a big deal for me.  But the most enjoyable moments were probably when Ash begged me to lie down with him at nap time.  I usually doze off before he does, but it's just fun to have my busy boy ask for some snuggles.

Gender : hopefully we'll find out at our ultrasound in 1.5 weeks! Every time I think about it, time seems to slow down a little more. 

Movement : still just the quickening at night when I lie in bed.  I have felt occasional little flutters at brief moments during the day when I'm sitting a certain way or lying still.

Food Craving : Giving up treats for Lent has made me want them all the more.  Especially at like 3pm. 

What I Miss Most : feeling healthy.

Sleep : I wake at least once a night, often with sore hips, and sometimes have to pee.  I'm generally sleeping with a pillow between my knees.  Still vivid dreams; I think these will last throughout.

What I Am Looking Forward To : I'm holding my breath in anticipation of our ultrasound in a couple weeks.  I'm also starting to get excited about having the family come visit after the baby comes.  My parents booked their tickets this week, and Shelia and I are pinning down the dates for her visit. 

Belly Button : normal has been my go-to answer, but I realized that this is not completely true.  Since my belly started to expand, I've been noticing a divot above my belly button, like something got stretched out funny last time and never fully recovered.  I even took a picture, b/c it's hard to describe.

Symptoms : My ligaments are feeling the pull.  I have a general ache on a regular basis, and then the sharp pinch when I move to fast or cough/sneeze/laugh without warning.  I'm having to eat smaller portions b/c my stomach doesn't have enough room.  Nausea still comes and goes, but I'm only taking the B6 as needed now instead of regularly 3 x's a day.  Reflux is mostly managed with my two Zantac, plus a few Tums if I eat an offending food. And I have to be careful when I exercise b/c I get winded and light-headed.  Even doing the low-intensity options, my heart rate peaks, and it takes me a long time to recover afterward. 

Compared to last time : reading back through my post from 17 wks last time, things seem to be pretty much the same. I'm so glad I did these posts, b/c my memory is so poor, I'll swear it's way worse/different until I go back and read it and realize how similar it was last time.  It's just not so new and fascinating as the first time, but still exciting.  I really can't hardly stand the wait till our ultrasound!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment