Baby Progress

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 11, 2014

35 weeks - Cole

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along : 35 weeks. Tuesday will be one month till D-day. We'll see if this one comes by then or decides to hang in there a little longer like Ash did.

Size of Baby :  >18+ long & >5+ lb. Almost too big for the space he's got :)

Total Weight Gain : ~ 22-23 lbs. My weight jumped a pound overnight; don't know if it's real weight or just a fluke.

Maternity Clothes :  100%. Though I am loving my (non-maternity) maxi skirt. I don't like the dresses as much as I thought I would b/c as a pear with a basketball for a belly, I feel ENORMOUS from my bra band down in loose flowing clothes. I figure that my clothes making me feel unattractive is unforgivable at this point. The waddle, the dark circles under my sleepy eyes, the other changes pregnancy has wreaked on my body - these are unavoidable. The clothes I have a choice about :) In a skirt, there's definition above and below my bump so I don't feel like one huge lump. So skirts and shorts it is in this heat.

Best Moment This Week : Having Josh home for a long 4 day weekend was awesome. He did so much around the house! We never did tackle the nursery, but he cleaned the whole house except the nursery and basement. And he helped fold the laundry too. And let me take a nap one afternoon. Yeah, I love my hubs :)

It was also an extremely special week b/c it was my birthday. Stephanie & Jack showed up at my door three mornings in a row with gifts for me. It was so much fun! I'm IN LOVE with my little mini-rose bush. I set it outside the door, so when I'm pulling in the driveway or opening my front door to greet someone or get the milk, it makes me SMILE! I love flowers :) It was also fun to get a slew of Facebook greetings on my birthday.

And of course the random compliments from strangers always make my day. Twice in the locker room on Monday, as I stood in my bra and underwear fixing my hair, ladies walking past on the other side of the locker room exclaimed how cute/beautiful I looked. How can you help but feel good when someone compliments you in nothing but your underthings!! :-D Too bad it's not the norm after the baby is born and everything is saggy and squishy! Hah.

Gender : It's a boy! I can't wait to meet him, to hold him in my arms, to nurse him, to get to know him!

Movement : This past week while I was trying to sleep, Cole decided he wanted to see how far he could stretch out, and he wedged himself from my pelvis to my lungs. I woke up with pain in my side/lungs, and I could hardly breathe. Unfortunately his feet were behind my ribs, so I couldn't just push them away from the area. I ended up getting up and walking around to get him to settle back to his usual position just so I could breathe "fully" again.

He's been doing a lot of pushing this week. He will be really active and moving for a couple days, then he'll take a couple days off. My theory is that these are growth-spurt days when he's just resting and growing. He moves enough not to worry me, but most of his movements on those days (besides hiccups, which occur at least once a day) are pushes. He'll wedge his feet up into the right side of my belly and shove. I had Josh feel the squishy left side of my womb (amniotic fluid provides little resistance) and then the rock-solid right side. It's crazy how hard he can push sometimes! I think he feels like he's running out of room in there :)

Food Craving :  Still iced tea. I also satisfied a long-standing craving for Waffle House waffles yesterday. I've craved it since Ash was born, but I was off dairy while I was nursing him, and I was never in that area during mealtime, and it just wasn't a priority. Then today we were a minute away at lunchtime, so I told Ash we were going to have a special lunch and we went. YUM :)

What I Miss Most : My body. Being able to move, breathe, eat.

Sleep : same. Waking every couple hours to pee and/or roll over. My poor little bladder is SO squished that I'm peeing every 1-2 hrs during the day (if I'm keeping up on my fluid intake) and at least 2-3 times a night. Getting in the sleep schedule of nursing a newborn, I guess.  Also, my poor joints are so loose and my carpal tunnel is so bad that I can't go more than a few hours on one side without the pain waking me. I took Tylenol twice last night - before bed and in the wee hours.

What I Am Looking Forward To :  Tonight we're having (free) dinner at Chick-fil-A for Cow Appreciation Day. I will post pictures on FB sometime soon. I'm in the process of getting a shirt ready for Josh and for me. He's come up with another hilarious idea this year; I wonder how many years he can come up with original ideas to be a cow without having to wear a single spot! And the shirt I painted years ago has no room for Cole in it, so I'm painting a new one that's bigger to fit over the bump.

My baby shower is tomorrow (Saturday), and I can't wait! From the rsvp's it looks to be a random combination of friends from all different parts of my life, but I love baby showers and we already know from Corrina's shower that Noemi can throw a killer party with a to-die-for spread. And this time I'm not in the middle of my Lent treats fast, so I can have whatever my heart desires that my tiny stomach will allow :)

Also, Tiffany is coming over for our doula home-visit Monday, which makes things start to seem even more real and imminent. It's one step closer to having all the ducks ready and waiting. Also I have my next OB on Friday morning. Then we move to weekly OB's. Yikes :)

Belly Button : Still extremely shallow and an outie. The scar at the inside of my belly looks like an upside-down F (right-side-up to me when I'm looking down at it) with all the poking out being done by the skin at the prongs of the F. So it's the right side that's sticking out, and the left side is mostly flat and purplish wrinkly scar.

Symptoms : I've been having carpal tunnel worse in the past couple weeks. Now my symptoms extend into the day. I hadn't started wearing my brace during the day till this week. I pulled it out a couple evenings, and yesterday during the afternoon. I had a few moments during the first half of the day where the angle I was doing something mundane like cutting my waffle sent shots of pain through my hand, so by naptime I was ready to brace it up and stop hurting at least. I randomly met someone who said that carpal tunnel exercises actually helped their problem, so I'm trying to do some of those every evening while we're watching TV too; we'll see if it helps at all.

My hips/pelvis have also been starting to REALLY loosen up. They hurt when I sleep. But more painful is when I move. If I've been sitting or lying in one position for a while and I try to adjust or get up, I have to move very slowly and carefully to avoid tweaking them. And of course I haven't gotten used to remembering to move slowly, so I tweak them multiple times a day. But, I am so glad I switched to the aqua classes! I still get a good workout (if I put the effort into it), and feel sore in new places using muscles in different ways, but the buoyancy takes all the pressure off my hips and back, and I'm surviving a lot better b/c of the switch.

I've also had a couple days this week where I felt EXTREMELY "pregnant". Lightheaded, nauseous, extra-acidic, weak & tired. I'm wondering if these are growth-spurt days, b/c they also seem to coincide with the days that Cole is quieter. But either way, I'm thinking I need to get serious about the iron again, b/c I've been so weak and tired.

Compared to last time : SO similar! Reading back through the post from 35 wks w/Ash, my complaints about feet in the ribs & lungs, hips loosening and hurting, etc sounds EXTREMELY familiar :)

35 wks with Ash

almost 35 wks with Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment