Baby Progress

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Ash - 2 1/2 years old!

Mom note: I've tried multiple times to add pictures to this post. It's almost a week later and it's still not working. I don't know why Blogger hates me lately. Sorry! :) I'll work on getting a picture update together as time and carpal tunnel and Blogger allow. In the meantime, here's the words.


Size: Mom finally hung my growth chart this week and marked my height. I am 2' 10.5" tall and weigh about 26 lbs (on the home scales it's just an estimate). I'm wearing 18-24mo & 2T shirts & (footless) pj's. I'm wearing anything from 12mo to 2T shorts (where length doesn't matter so much), and 24mo/2T pants (cinched as tight at they'll go). I'm wearing mostly size 6 shoes.

Physical development: I've gotten pretty competent at all the things at the playgrounds - climbing, sliding, etc. I still love to dig & dump. My newest physical interest has been building. I have lots of pieces from Wendy's kid's meals that I use to build vehicles of all sorts. Mom also got me a bunch of big legos to build with, and daddy & I have had a lot of fun building things (mainly "towers" and garages for my vehicles).

Verbal development: I am learning different inflections and voice my opinion about which "voice" mommy uses when she talks to me. Sometimes she uses a sweet high voice, and sometimes she uses a stern low voice; I like the high "mommy" voice better. I'm also practicing vocalizing my preferences in a polite way and without fussing. I'm pretty good at switching when I'm reminded. Mommy & daddy are extremely helpful and willing when I ask nicely, but I hardly get what I want if I fuss about it, so I'm getting the hang of it. I've also been working on my letter sounds, and love to sing the song : "The B says 'b', the B says 'b', every letter makes a sound, the B says 'b'." I sing it all the time about whatever letter something starts with. I'm able to identify almost all the letter sounds and am usually right about what letter starts a word.

Routines: This summer, Jack has only been with us till noon. We try to fit most of our fun and errands into the mornings with him. Mommy still puts me down for a nap every day, but lately I've only been sleeping about once or twice a week. Mommy & daddy have taken all the toys and books out of my room, and have tried lots of things to encourage me to sleep (or at least be quiet) during nap-time. This week I've been getting to watch a show when I'm quiet and sometimes that's enough motivation to keep me quiet. I also have some special stickers, so if I'm quiet and stay in my bed I can pick a sticker to put on a paper.

Special events:We've been working on getting the nursery ready for Cole, and I even got to help with some of the artwork! We've also spent time at the pool at our gym, gone on special dates for breakfast or lunch, and had a couple play dates. We have been getting together with Uncle Mark & Aunt Melissa & their kids once a month too. We had a special day where we went to Garden of the Gods and took pictures with them. That was fun. We also dressed up as cows to get free meals at Chick-fil-A for Cow Appreciation Day.

My favorites: I still love anything with wheels, all kinds of vehicles. There's been a lot of construction in town this spring & summer, and I love checking out all the vehicles. And everything I do, I take a couple trucks with me - sitting on the couch, eating at the table, riding in the car, and even park a couple on my shelf at bedtime.

Daddy's favorites: Daddy loves that I'm into building lately b/c it's something he can do together with me. We've had a lot of fun playing in the evenings and on weekends.

Mommy's favorites: Mommy is enjoying the time we get together this summer. She's savoring the last few weeks with just me before Cole comes.

Upcoming: The next couple months are going to be a little bit crazy around here. My little brother Cole is coming sometime in August. We're not sure exactly when, but we've been working at getting ready for him. Jack will stop coming to our house after the first week of August so we can rest and prepare. I can't wait to meet him and see him and hold him. Daddy will get to stay home with us for a couple weeks after Cole is born. Then for the beginning of September we'll have Nanoo & PopPop visiting. It's going to be a lot of change and busyness, but I'm excited to finally meet this kid. So far he's just been a big belly on mommy and a couple ultrasound pictures, so it'll be nice to finally have a face to put with the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment