Baby Progress

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 18, 2014

36 weeks - Cole

So I had this post written. Finished. Just had to add the picture. Then somehow, through the evil that blogger.com has been to me lately, I lost the whole thing. I'm on my third go AND my carpal tunnel is killing me, so forgive me if I'm brief. (Some of you are breathing a sigh of relief) :)

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along : 36 weeks. It's getting real. Less than a month!

Size of Baby : ~6lbs & ~19"

Total Weight Gain : ~22.5 lbs. This is 2.5 lbs less than my goal, with four weeks left to gain it. I may end up a lb or two over, but I'm ok w/that.

Maternity Clothes : I've actually gone to my yoga capris and maxi-skirt most days b/c they've got the most comfy waistbands.

Best Moment This Week :  My baby shower was top! My shopping spree at Target to get the things I still wanted/needed off my registry was a close second.

Gender : Boy! I can't wait to meet this little kid and start getting to know him.

Movement : Things are getting cramped. His movements are smaller and stronger at the same time.

Food Craving : Watermelon. Iced tea. Iced anything. It's been so hot lately I've been sticking ice in my water just to keep it cool through the whole 24 oz of sipping.

What I Miss Most : Being able to move like a normal person. Walking, not waddling. At a normal pace, not a snail's pace. Rolling over in bed w/o so much effort. Getting up off the couch. Being able to exercise at full capacity; I have to modify even in the water!

Sleep :  Nope. HAHA. I'm waking up every few hours, on a newborn nursing schedule already :-þ I'm peeing 2-3 times a night, and my hips have been hurting so I sometimes I just have to roll over too. I had a particularly bad night sleep this week; hoping that's not the norm.
What I Am Looking Forward To : Getting to hold my baby. Nursing him and snuggling him. Introducing him to Ash and seeing Ash become a big brother. Also looking forward to having Josh home with us for the first couple weeks.

Belly Button : Shallow and out on the right side, though my belly's lopsided from Cole hanging out constantly on the left, so it doesn't even look off center through my clothes, LOL.

Symptoms : Carpal tunnel has been atrocious. Reflux is about as bad as it can be, though I'm treating the acid with max doses of Zantac & Tums; a loose esophagus still lets food up :-þ My hips are extremely loose and hurt a lot, especially if I move too quickly. Some days my back hurts, especially if I do anything mildly strenuous. I'm about ready to be done, honestly.

Compared to last time : For all my complaining this time, I still think things are pretty much on par with last time.
Too lazy/comfy to get up and take a 36 wk pic for you ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment