Baby Progress

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Another New Beginning

As most of you know (b/c I've already gone public on FB), I'm pregnant!  I thought it would be fun to track some of the highlights for you to follow each week.  Of course in these first weeks there's not too much to tell, but a friend of mine blogged her pregnancy and I really enjoyed following it, and thought "I'm going to have to do that when I get pregnant".  So here it is, format stolen directly from her :)

My barely baby bump, just enough to make my pants tight.  Apologies for the angle of the picture; I had to set the camera on the table and turn the timer on.  I might try to find a better place for the future, but this is what I've got for now. :)

Pregnancy Highlights:
 

How Far Along: 9 weeks

Size of Baby: about an inch (average)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: a few pounds already

Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing my baggy jeans but no maternity clothes yet.  So far I just look like I'm getting "fat", not pregnant. :)

Best Moment this week: seeing baby's heartbeat again yesterday at the ultrasound!  And finishing the Steamboat Springs Half Marathon in less than 3 hrs.

Gender: undetermined

Movement: none

Food Craving: pizza has been a constant, and too many carbs

What I miss: surprisingly, b/c I don't drink much - alcohol.  I wish I could have a mojito so bad!

Sleep: I'm waking around midnight to use the bathroom, then tossing and turning from 3am till the alarm at 5:30am.  I'm having those crazy pregnancy dreams like my apocalypse dream where I was looking for the bathrooms instead of stressing about the catastrophe. 

What I am looking forward to: everything :) - painting the dresser/changing table, picking out furniture for the nursery, registering, showers, starting to show, maternity clothes, the whole shebang.

Belly Button: normal (in)

Symptoms: I can't seem to keep my eyes open past about 8:30pm without a nap or two during the day.  And I'm eating smaller meals more often to avoid the trifecta of hunger, queasiness, and bloating.

2 comments: