Baby Progress

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

23 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 23 weeks

Size of Baby: 11+", 1+ lb

Total Weight Gain: ~17 lbs

Maternity Clothes: I went this week and bought a pair of pajama bottoms (optional capris) b/c every night Josh is complaining about being cold while I'm complaining about being hot. Hopefully we'll find a comfortable medium :-)

Best Moment this week: impossible to say. I have had so much fun hanging out with Josh and Dave and Shelia! The zoo was a blast, walking around Garden of the Gods was fun, the two art festivals we happened upon were entertaining, my girls' day with Shelia was awesome. And frankly just sitting around the house in pj's watching Mad Men has been fun too. Although, as always, I'd say my massage was definitely a high among highs...I wasn't exaggerating the awesomeness in my reminiscence. Unfortunately, a day later I'm as sore as I was before getting it. :-P

Gender: BOY! The nursery is coming along and it's so cute!!

Movement: He's getting stronger and more active as time goes on. Most of the movement is low in my abdomen still. I've been able to tell the difference between kicks and rolls, and a few times he's kicked hard and sudden enough to take my breath away. :-)

Food Craving: This has nothing to do with being pregnant, but I can't get enough pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks. This is a dangerous time of year for me. :)

What I Miss Most: being comfortable. And my old body.

Sleep: Same old, waking up every 2 hrs or so. And with company I've been getting to bed late more often and am starting to run out of juice. Thank goodness for having a job that allows for naps during my day!!

What I am looking forward to: our crib should be in tomorrow or Thursday, then I'll have all the furniture in the room. Also can't wait to get the curtains sewn. The fabric we picked is perfect!! We need to go shopping for coordinating fabric for the cushions on the glider and that'll be a more complicated sewing project that'll probably wait till the break in company during mid Oct-mid Nov.

Belly Button: same old same old, although it's at the verge of threatening to pop!!

Symptoms: the reflux as usual. I don't know if I've mentioned the carpal tunnel. My fingers on my right hand have been tingling for about 3 weeks straight. It's worse when I am driving or pushing the stroller or leaning on that arm, but it's pretty bad all the time. Sometimes they go numb. it's driving me crazy, but from all I've read there's not much I can do. I'm going to ask the dr next week if he has any suggestions, but I'm not hopeful. Also, I've had almost a constant backache lately. All the walking we've done has not helped, but even just sitting around it aches. I'm thinking a bath may start to become part of my daily routine soon as the weather gets cooler.

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of cusions, I seem to remember a thrown out leather couch that you & I transformed into a cool first apt couch. If you want we could do the same for your glider. Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why that post had that weird number & letter comb for my ID, it was me, Mom that posted if you hadn't figured it out by the comment. I was talking about when I come out for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete