Baby Progress

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

28 weeks

So I'm 28 wks.  Which isn't so much of a milestone in itself, but somehow feels like one.   Maybe b/c I'm already starting to feel third trimester symptoms, and d-day is feeling closer and closer.  

It's fun to see people I haven't seen in a while and have them look at my belly, then at my face and tell me "you look good!!" in all sincerity.  It makes me feel like at least I've dodged some of the "uglifying" side effects of pregnancy.  I haven't started to bloat or discolor.  I've been told I've got the glow, but that's a nice one.  Maybe it's the old wives tale of baby girls steal your beauty but boys don't, but I'm glad that I can still feel cute with this growing bulge on the front of me. :)

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 28 weeks

Size of Baby: ~15" long and according to our u/s he's 2 lbs 7 oz

Total Weight Gain: ~23 lbs

Maternity Clothes: exclusively

Best Moment this week: I really enjoyed my appointment with my doctor.  Because the u/s took care of heart rate and fetal growth, there was nothing for him to do but sit down in the other comfy chair and answer my questions.  And I really felt like I got good full answers from him, and walked out feeling very clear about when I should worry and when I shouldn't. 

Gender: BOY!  still.  Even though I had momentary and unfounded fears I'd go into my u/s and she'd say "it's a girl", nothing has changed.

Movement: as he gets bigger and stronger, I'm feeling him more and more often.  Sometimes (like yesterday) it feels like he's busy ALL DAY.  Also yesterday I got my first kick in the ribs.  Not cool, kiddo, not cool.  It was also fun to go in for my u/s and get answers to some of my questions like "what position is he in?" (head down. yay!!) and "does my right side look a little bigger b/c he's hanging out over there?" (yes, his torso is on the right with his limbs on the left).  And just fun to see him move.  And feel him kicking the u/s wand, that was funny.

Food Craving: everything reflux won't let me have.  Chocolate and cinnamon and french fries (NOT all together!!) were the biggest cravings this week.

What I Miss Most: still my old body.  I took E to the park that's 1 mile away and by the time I got there I had to collapse on the bench to recover after I took her out of the stroller.  Then going back home (uphill) I took about 25 min to get there... a 25 min mile is PATHETIC, even for walking.  I can't believe that 4 short months ago I was RUNNING 13 miles.  I can only hope that 4 months from now I'll be running again.

Sleep: I've been more likely to go to bed late than early lately, trying to stay up till Josh is ready for bed, and it's taking its toll.  Some of those nights I'm only up once to pee b/c I sleep so hard, but it's just not enough rest.  Finally last night I told Josh "I'm so sorry" and went to bed at 8:30.  My eyes were burning and I could hardly hold them open.  It's like 1st trimester all over again, except that I can't just fall asleep snuggling on the couch b/c I can't get comfy there.  So I actually have to go up and go to bed by myself.  I hate it.  But couldn't help it last night.

What I am looking forward to: there's nothing in my immediate future, but I'm looking at my November calendar with some excitement.  I have 2 dr appointments (one is also u/s), I start my prenatal doula visits/childbirth classes, there are some awesome video games coming out, Josh has TWO 4-day weekends, AND my mom is coming to visit over Thanksgiving weekend.  It's going to be busy and fun!! :)  

Belly Button: still just ~thinking~ about popping out.  But I'm ok w/that.  Honestly, I don't think I'd like having my b.b. show through my clothes.

Symptoms: reflux, carpal tunnel, and return of exhaustion.  I've started taking my reflux meds twice a day regularly now.  Too many miserable mornings.  Someone said I should try aloe vera juice.  Not sure if I'm up for hunting it down (Whole Foods?) and taking shots every day. 

Okay, I'm going to go take a nap now even though I DID go to bed early last night.  It's pathetic, but true; I'm exhausted.  I'll try to get a couple u/s pics and a belly pic up today or tomorrow sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment