Baby Progress

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

34 wks - starting the countdown

Sorry, I didn't get any pictures yet, but I'll try to snap one or two this week so you can see the ever growing monstrosity that is Preggosaurus! :-D

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along : 34 wks - ONLY 6 WKS LEFT TILL MY EDD!! :-O  I was booking my next few appts yesterday and was shocked to realize that I had booked right up to the week before my due date, SCARY.  It made me realize how "urgent" some of the things on my to-do list are - like taking maternity pics and finding a pediatrician and pre-registering at the hospital.  I've got some phone calls to make this week for sure.

Size of Baby : averages say ~18-20" and my ultrasound yesterday said he's 4 lbs 14oz, right on track.

Total Weight Gain : ~27 lbs

Maternity Clothes :  I was so excited to get a package in the mail this week from Jordan full of nursing bras & nursing tanks.  (There was more in there to be excited about, but those were the clothes for me)  I had started thinking I might have to go buy a few of each, but now I've got about 5 tanks and 6 bras that ought to work pretty well for me through nursing months.  YAY :)

Best Moment This Week :  Thanksgiving was awesome!!! I also had a great time working on the glider cushion covers with mom.  It was just a GREAT 5 day weekend of fun.

Gender : according to yesterday's ultrasound, he's STILL a boy :)

Movement : mom was excited to get to feel him move.  At first he was trying to be a brat and as soon as mom got her hand on my belly he'd stop.  But it didn't take long till she caught him squirming, and by the end of the weekend she'd seen the alien belly move by itself and even caught a few hiccups.  He's been getting hiccups a lot lately, but from what I've heard that's good... it means he's practicing breathing.  Also, since he's head down, I'll occasionally get a kick in the lungs or ribs or sides... whoo, that'll make you go whoa! :)

Food Craving : always chocolate, though six weeks is starting to feel bearable... I do month-long treats fasts, six weeks isn't much longer than that.  The hardest part is that this will go through C-mas when all the sweet goodies are out there... *sigh*  I did take a taste of mom's skinny peppermint mocha yesterday - mmmm. 

What I Miss Most :  I miss being able to breathe the most, I think, but a close second is definitely just being able to move freely.  It's starting to get hard to get up off the floor and stuff, which is no good for my job. 

Sleep :  I realized that some of my worst back pain issues were from sleeping propped up on a couple pillows and rolling to my side, so I went back to just one (my preggo pillow).  Which has been nice, except for the night I ended up sleeping sitting up against 4 pillows b/c I woke with vomit in my throat and nose twice.  But otherwise it has definitely helped the back pain and is more comfortable.  Though I can't wait to go back to sleeping like a normal person :)

What I Am Looking Forward To :  besides the aforementioned being able to eat and breathe and sleep like a normal person, I'm starting to look forward to meeting this little guy.  I mean, I've been happy about that for a while, but I'm really starting to feel it.  I was playing "find the feet" today with him and thought how much fun it'll be to actually grab his feet instead of just poking them through layers of skin and muscle and fluid.

Belly Button : it's out enough to be occasionally visible through clothes, but still not what I'd call an outie... just that little nub is gently sticking out.  But it's also getting "lower", almost out of sight for me if I stand up straight.  HAHA, my body is SO misshapen :)

Symptoms :  reflux, back ache, breathlessness and occasional fatigue... you know, the usual.

1 comment: