Baby Progress

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 12, 2011

36 weeks - LESS THAN A MONTH LEFT!

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along : 36 weeks!  How did we get here?  I swear, I've been posting every week, so I shouldn't be so surprised.  But 36 wks is only 4 wks left.  Which immediately turns into 3 wks  __ days. :-O  It's less than a month.  The "good" news this week was the discussion we were having about the correlation between the full moon and the spike in women going into labor, and so I looked it up.  The full moon in January is the 9th.  My EDD is the 10th.  If the moon is any help, I might actually have this baby on time.  We'll see :)

Size of Baby : averages say ~18-20" and 6+ lbs.   

Total Weight Gain : ~28

Maternity Clothes : I'm trying to decide which clothes to wear for the photo shoot I've got tentatively scheduled for this weekend... I never thought I'd have so much trouble making this decision!! :) 

Best Moment This Week : it's been a pretty stressful week... we've heard from multiple people that last week was just kinda crazy for them too.  BUT, getting my thank you cards all written was quite an accomplishment.  And we had a blast playing Settlers with Mark & Melissa and Sam & Jenna on Friday night.  Plus I really enjoyed our time with Kari this weekend, sitting at our dining table going over childbirth class info.

Gender : boy, and I can't wait to meet him! :)

Movement : he's been moving like a champ.  I still haven't bothered with kick counts b/c he's active every day, and seems to even have a little routine.  After breakfast and late evening seem to be some of his busiest times, though he generally squirms in the car too.  The down side is that as he gets bigger and stronger, and he has less room for stretching out, this has become more painful for me.  Sometimes he stretches his feet right into my ribs or organs, but even just stretching them into the wild blue yonder of my belly (usually just below my ribs in the right/upper quadrant of my belly) makes me feel tender in that area.

Food Craving : cookies.  I've been BAD about sneaking Oreos even tho they're bad for my reflux.  And I've eaten a few other cookies this week too.  The holidays are atrocious for too many cookies around.  And I'm getting ready to make puppy chow for small group Thursday, and know I'll eat way too much of that too...

What I Miss Most : my old body.  I'm telling you, I really can't wait to do the things I used to do without even thinking about it.  I'm so grateful for a healthy body in my "normal" life, and the ability to do almost anything I want... I can't wait to have it back :) 

Sleep : I've been waking up every couple hours, but I've heard that's pretty common for this point.  Overall I feel like I've been doing pretty well on the sleep front.  My nightly dessert of Tums doesn't hurt either.

What I Am Looking Forward To : Friday I have an interview with another pediatrician.  I'm pretty sure this is the one we'll end up with.  My doc AND Molly both recommended the practice.  And of the profiles I liked, I ended up picking the actual doctor that Molly takes her kids to.  They also do in-office circumcisions, which was a relief after talking to the other doctor last week.  Then Saturday is our last meeting with Kari, which means I should walk away from that with my birth plan solidified.  Which I will cover with my doctor at my appt on Monday, and find out how close we'll be able to try to stick to my preferences.  AND I do my pre-admission at the hospital that day too, which will be taking care of the last critical thing hanging over my head.  I'm also supposed to get maternity shots done Saturday - fun!

Belly Button : out 

Symptoms : the usual reflux (which seems to have good days and bad days), occasional fatigue and back aches, and sometimes hip pain, but again I'm grateful to not have too much to deal with overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment