Baby Progress

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 19, 2011

37 weeks

I know many of you clamor regularly for pics, so if you haven't already, check out the maternity pics that Amyssa Sherman posted on Facebook of our shoot on Saturday.  She's tagging me in them as she posts them, so they show up on my wall/profile for all to see. 

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along : 37 wks - this makes us full-term.  He could come anytime he wants, though I told him he has to wait till after Christmas! :)  I'm not expecting him to at least January, though.  BUT, if he chose to come tomorrow, there would be very little concern about his well-being.  YAY

Size of Baby : averages say ~19-21" and 6-7 lbs.   

Total Weight Gain : ~29 lbs

Maternity Clothes :  Some of my maternity tops are getting too short to cover my whole belly.  This thing is getting out of control!! :)

Best Moment This Week :  There hasn't been just one.  I'm so glad to have the last critical things on my to-do list taken care of : picked a pediatrician, pre-admitted at the hospital, finished our childbirth classes with our doula, solidifying our birth plan, and finished our C-mas shopping for the kids.  It was also a fun Saturday taking pictures with Amyssa, and cheese & chocolate fondue with Mark & Melissa was also a blast (if regrettable when the reflux kicked in later)

Gender : boy, and I can't wait to meet him! :)  I can't wait to see what he looks like and start to get to know him.

Movement : while he's definitely still on the move regularly, I'm getting a lot more squirming and a little less "kicking".  He's starting to get cramped, and likes to spend a good part of the day pushing with his feet.  I don't like as much as he does, since he's pushing my organs and my ribs and my tender belly.

Food Craving : CHOCOLATE!  I want hot chocolate, I want a box of chocolates, I want chocolate cookies... I just want chocolate.  I'm counting the days, even though I don't know how many there are :)  And tomato based comfort foods like lasagna and chili, but not nearly as bad as chocolate.

What I Miss Most : breathing.  And being able to eat "normal" foods without regretting it later.

Sleep :  horrible!  I've been waking up every 2 hrs almost without fail, and I'm SO tired.  We're definitely getting closer to the end.

What I Am Looking Forward To : I only have 3 more days of work left... which makes me sad, but it's getting harder and harder to keep up.  And I've been so tired that I'd love to be able to sleep in, take naps, and get some things done around here before Ash arrives.  But REALLY what I'm looking forward to is FRIDAY... we're driving up to Denver to meet Dan & Michelle (& Emma & Caleb) for lunch.  What a GREAT way to start my maternity leave :)

Belly Button : out 

Symptoms : reflux as usual.  I've also been pretty breathless lately, which is slowing me down significantly.  And of course the expected aches - ribs, back, hips, boobs.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, but how did you all of a sudden get to be 37 weeks pregnant?

    ReplyDelete