Baby Progress

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My labor verses

My doula asked me this weekend what verses she could use to encourage me during labor.  At first I could only think of Jer 29:11-14 (a passage that spoke to me through my miscarriages) and Heb 12:1-2 (my favorite verse from Challenge - I wrote it on my bike helmet! - that also applied to my half marathons).  Now I've expanded my list to include a few more.  What about you?  Do you have some verses/passages that bring you comfort and encouragement in times of trouble?  Maybe I could add your verse to my list!

Ps 9:9-10
The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed,
   a stronghold in times of trouble.
Those who know your name trust in you,
   for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.

Ps 139:13-18
For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
   when I was made in the secret place,
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book
   before one of them came to be.
How precious concerning me are your thoughts, God!
   How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
   they would outnumber the grains of sand—
   when I awake, I am still with you.

Jer 29:11-14
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the LORD, “and will restore your fortunes."

Heb 12:1-2
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Heb 12:11-13
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. “Make level paths for your feet,” so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment